• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Expander Tube

wa3mos

Reaction score
Looking for expander tube for standard J 3 Cub brakes. If available, kindly advise of price and condition. Thanks.

CUBING

Reaction score
i have two sets, i'll take 250.00 per set....both came off flying cubs....i can send you pictures if needed...are call me at 5012692520

wa3mos

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Thanks for your responses and interest to help. My need was discovered in the middle of the annual by my AP/IA. I saw no leaking fluid flying earlier this year, but on the one side apparantly the blocks are soaked . Natually he tried to source these hens teeth through his contacts and I wanted to give this good site a try know they were scarce for a long time. I have had the cub for 10 years now and have decided its time to go with the Grove conversation while the plane is away at its annual.
Thanks again for the read and your interest.
BTW, I am based suburban/rural Phila. O03 Morgatown on a grass strip. Annual is being performed at another location.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't throw the unsoaked blocks away. Donate them. Somebody will be able to use them to refurbish his stock brakes.

Original 1

Reaction score
Don't throw the unsoaked blocks away..

Hold on to the stock wheels. (Or pm me, i'll buy the blocks & wheels) GUP

JoeS

Reaction score
WA3MOS,
I think you made the right decision on getting the Grove conversion. It's one thing to keep replacing the old bladders if you can get them at a reasonable price. Some of those bladder out there are 50,60 or 70 years old. It doesn't make sense unless you can get them cheap and can do the work yourself.
Joe
WA3GJH

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using the same ole bladders for most of their sixty some odd years. I think they're going to outlast me.

JoeS

Reaction score
I've been using the same ole bladder for 70 some ott years. :)

Joe

Horsemutt

Reaction score
Maybe someone with find a couple of large boxes in an old barn full of new old stock bladders and brake pads.

farm-tim

Reaction score
In my dream I usually find an old barn with a Stearman and a Travelair, I put gas in them and go..

Latest posts