• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Essex Primer Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dnnewman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Cub has an Essex primer. Recently, it stopped working. It has no resistance in either direction, so is obviously not sucking or pushing any fuel. I replaced the gaskets because that was the easiest potential fix. But that didn't change a thing. Is there a proper way to install the gaskets??? I just lubed them and stretched/rolled them onto the primer shaft.

The fuel line connections on the primer body are at least finger tight. The supply line is connected to the fuel strainer, at least by visual inspection. The discharge is connected to the intake manifold... though this shouldn't make a difference.

I don't see fuel coming out anywhere.

Internal check valve problem?

Any suggestions?

At the current 45-50deg temps I am getting away without using the primer but soon it will be cold enough I will need to use it.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Dan

Latest posts

Back