• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Engine component part cross reference

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpowell

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m struggling to figure out correct component part numbers for my two old engines, a C-85-12 and an O-200-A. The original goal was to build a C-85 stroker but i may end up building both engines if i can get enough parts. here’s the problem, though.

The Continental parts manual shows basically one part number for a given engine spec, but some of these part numbers are different from actual parts installed in my engines. i’m pretty sure the engines have not been modified, but they are old, so i’m guessing part numbers have been superseded in later years. yes, it’s possible my engines are wrong, but i don’t think so. some examples:

Looking at the official parts list for the crank and camshafts for these two engines, and they don’t match the actual parts in my engines. examples:

part name…………….…….parts list number………my actual part
crankshaft 0-200-A…….530182 std ……………..530548

camshaft C-85. …………..40584 (iron) ………………242231
………….O-200-A……………628421(forged steel)….626608

there are other oddities too, for example, in the parts list, the lifter bodies for the 0-200-A reference three camshafts they are compatible with, none of which are shown in the parts list. It looks like the parts list is not complete.

Anyone have any info on how to get good cross reference numbers or a more complete parts list?

thanks

Attachments

• 141731E9-39D1-4D5B-A72D-6A0DF1E808EF.jpeg
    141731E9-39D1-4D5B-A72D-6A0DF1E808EF.jpeg
    776 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back