• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

East TN Fall Fly-In Rumors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yogi63bear

Deleted by JimC
Reaction score
This fly-in has been hosted at Elizabethton, TN in the previous years. We actually have a house there too. Tried to keep the plane there, but they were not that friendly...mostly due to the airport manager who is more into Corporate Jets. Steve (from Wings Air Rescue) who I think puts this fly-in on is one of the few fellows who was nice to us along with a lineman named Brandon. For what ever reason the airport manager spread lies about us when we left after only a month stay. So short story, in less than a year we finally found our dream airport at Greeneville, TN (GCY) with a T-hangar for $175 a month, just as cheap as the other airports where we had stayed at in a Community Hangar that restricted us from doing any maintenance in them. That was just background information

So the rumor is that the airport manager in Elizabethton has priced himself out of a fly-in possibly. I have heard things as it might be held at one of the grass fields near Greeneville or even at Greeneville Airport. That would be great news as we will try our best to attend then. Not to mention we could just sleep in our hangar than.

The night before our departure for SJ
ThenightbeforeourdeparturetoSJ.jpg

"Hey Honey, there is a plane in our bedroom!" ;D ;D

Also I would be more than happy to help those with any maintenance issues. Small things like a new spark plug, hardware or new brake diaphragms that go out while at the fly-in for J3-Cub members would still be free from me. Can't believe someone tried to charge me and Kathy for a used part at SJ? ::) At least the hydraulic fluid was free as was the fuel top off. But then again I did buy them lunch or a beer in the past. Help your fellow Cub drivers as it will pay you back more than the cost of your part.

Griz

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back