• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Does poly fiber tighten over time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flightrider

Reaction score
My ‘46 J-3 was recovered about 30 years ago, poly fiber I think. Not the prettiest girl in town. Could use a new covering, but the fabric is still in good shape. The plane has been hangered for at least the last 25 years in N. Idaho. The tail feathers were redone 8 years ago and the fuesalage tubing inspected at that time. The hanger is part of a house which is dry and dark most the time. I do plan to recover the wings maybe this winter. I had thought about rejuvenating the paint and repainting it. The stitching looks good.

But a had a mechanic tell me the fabric will tighten to such point it ruins the structure. Really? In a hanger that is lights off 95% of the time and after nearly 30 years? Poly fiber?

Anyone ever hear of this?

Latest posts

Back