• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

cub travel equipment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couleeone

Reaction score
I am attempting to figure out what should be packaged together for a travel kit. Remember I am a Newbee and don't have your experience.

This would be for flights other than local. Would I need to bring...

1. tie down ropes?

2. ground spikes for tie downs?

3. set of chocks?

4. What kind of tool kit?

5. any flares, hand held compasses, mirrors?

What kind of these things of this nature do you bring along when exploring cross country?

I realize everything has to be a weight consideration and be able to secure it so some of you must have this worked out?

I appreciate any recommendations as I intend to fly my sport cub all around the Northwest exploring this summer! Beaches, mountains and deserts! So many places to go, so much to do WooHooo!

pics are flying across the cascades from Boeing to Yakima to demo my sport cub

maule-seattle-jefferson-takeoff-vashon 014.jpg

maule-seattle-jefferson-takeoff-vashon 019.jpg

Latest posts

Back