• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cub Ownership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cub Rookie

Reaction score
This week I experienced one of the upsides of being a newbee Cub owner. I received an unexpected call from a gentleman in MS one evening and his story went something like this ....
You don't know me but I know your airplane. Apparently he was doing some research on his late father's flying history and found that his dad had flown my airplane. Not only had he flown it, but he logged his very first hour of instruction in it and soloed in it as well. This man has since offered to send pages from his dad's logbooks to show the N-number and history of hours flown. He thought that he had a B&W photo taken in 1945 with his dad sitting in the plane along with his instructor but it turned out to be one of the other Cubs used at the same location. He thinks that there may still be a photo somewhere of my plane. Wouldn't that be something! The gentleman and his brothers have also expressed interest in coming to see the airplane for themselves.

With a sixty year old airplane, you often have to wonder what stories could be told and how many individual lives have been changed by one simple little airplane. And best of all, to this day the Cub is still making history ... prior to my purchasing the airplane the previous owner taught his teenage son to fly in it. I can only hope that I can have some affect by giving that first airplane ride or maybe teaching someone to fly ... or if nothing else, to just maintain the Cub and pass it along to another caring owner who can continue the legacy.

MB

Latest posts

Back