• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cub Accident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-90 Cub

Reaction score
Pilot Survives Plane Crash in Jackson Township

JACKSON TWP. -- A pilot walks away from a plane crash in a residential area of Jackson Township.

The pilot was walking around, conscious and alert. He was transported to the hospital with minor injuries.

He left from a small grass air strip not too far from the crash site. It appears he completely lost power when the plane crashed, landing on its top up against the tree line.

Investigators said the man is from Texas and he's been flying across country.
Neighbors we talked to heard the crash but did not see it.

"I seen the police and the cops and I said uh oh, this when I see the plane back here over in the corner," Donald Young said. "I just heard a noise and I guess in hindsight I could have checked, make sure everyone's okay. He's constantly back here making noise so I just assumed nothing had happened."

"The fact that he was walking and able to communicate to people on the ground is a good sign," Ohio Highway Patrol Lt. Douglas Eck said. "I would consider that fortunate."

The pilot called 911 and also the Jackson Township Fire chief who spotted the plane going down.

The plane is a piper cub, single engine plane. It was made in 1946 and the aircraft has been rebuilt.

The FAA is headed to the scene to investigate.Pilot Survives Plane Crash in Jackson Township

Monday, June 18 2012, 07:24 PM EDT

Anyone know who this is? It is something like a 500 hr TT Cub the guy was flying all over the US. He had just taken off from a friends private strip. The engine lost power and he spun in. It was pretty windy here today also. Haven't heard any more reports but looks like the guy is going to be ok. He was banged up pretty good. The accident happened around Germantown Ohio.

Steve

Cub Crash.jpg

Cub Crash.jpg

Latest posts

Back