• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Crank case Cwol Spacers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stearmann4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dear Cubbers,

While installing the cowl over my newly hung engine, I realized that I sold my old A-65 with the crack case spacers, studs, etc and forgot to remove the spacers. The engine is now in Canada with little hope of retriveing the spcaers. I'm guessing the new owner who bought the engine for his Luscombe will be wondering what they're for.

So, now that I was a dumb*ss and forgot to remove them, I have to buy new studs, spacers and washers. I found the parts in the original overhaul manual, I can't find a vendor for them. I checked the usual Univair, Aircraft Spruce, etc with no results. However, we all know my part searching skills are marginal at best.

Part #s 21055 Crank case stud 1-3 side to 2-4 side
21054 Cylinder flange
2475 Crank case stud washer
23130 Crack case nut spacer
2443 Nut stud

I'm trying to get this darned thing together before I deploy again next week, and the nickel and dime method is making me crazy. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Mike-

Latest posts

Back