• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Cont A-65 Engine and Sensencih Prop for Sale.

drycreekrv

Reaction score
To the Members,

Just getting started here.

In short, I just purchase a 1995 Cubby with a Cont A-65.
And - just purchased a freshly overhauled 0-200 to replace the A-65.
This airplane is a Experimental Category. I live in Houston, Tx

I need to buy: Exhaust for the 0-200, Metal Prop, Brake system and Carburetor

I will be selling: The A-65 complete with Exhaust and the Sensenich Wooded Prop

The Engine has a log book. It was major overhauled and now has
228 hrs. Compression check on Oct 10, 2008:
#1 72/80, #2 70/80, #3 68/80, #4 73/80 - the engine runs great

The Prop is in Good Condition. Was purchased New in 1995 and
has 228 hrs. total time. (W72CK42, PC335, AC8379

If anyone is interested in purchasing the Engine and Prop,
please contact me at: [email protected]

Thanx,

Gary Jones

David Johnson

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want to throw a wet blanket on all this but, if the engine was installed on an experimental, then the engine is now an experimental. There are ways of bringing it back to certified but it usually involves a tear down. I suspect the same would be true of the prop.

F

fly_cubs

I have a certified A65 that I'd be willing to sell if anyone is interested.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, the A65 exhaust can be easily modified to fit the O-200. Same mod as required for the C-85-12 and C-90-12.

Installing a certified engine on an experimental doesn't necessarily convert the engine to experimental. Many are running certified engines on their experimentals. If I remember correctly, those engines don't have to be torn down prior to going back on a certified plane.
JimC

reileyr

WagAero J-3
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as the engine has a data plate and logs, it just needs to be signed off as airworthy in the engine log. The wood prop is exactly the same one (mine is 44 pitch but 42 would be better) that I run on my 0-200 Sport Cub.