• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cell Phones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob turner

Reaction score
Last night's social on the deck, watching the late afternoon landing attempts included seven guys - all pilots (not to say pilots are superior beings), six of whom were tailwheel guys (not to say that tailwheel guys are somehow superior) and four Stearman drivers (definitely not superior beings).

So I noticed that at any given time ( I was there long enough to quaff one "Torpedo") four of them were staring at a cell phone. Not always the same four!

And one was actually carrying on a conversation with some unknown person on the line - right in the middle of our little social event.

Nobody there was under 60 - so my question: When younger folk get together for a social beer or something, are they all texting or looking at photos?

My prayer is to spare me from the next person who holds an iPhone under my nose, frantically swiping to show me a picture of something I will have zero interest in.

Please! Spare me!

Latest posts

Back