• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

CC11 problems/CubCrafters service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

repplett

Reaction score
I had the pleasure to fly my CC11 #32 from EUG to OSH, spend several days there camping under the wing and attended the CubCrafters party on Tuesday evening. Nice get together. Left OSH on wednesday am and flew south along the lake shore to DAY to see the USAF museum. Highly recommend a visit there. Then back north and across Montana and Id to Yakima for some service/warrenty work. After approx 55 hrs of flying in 2 weeks had a few problems to be taken care of. Mentioned the problems to the CC gang at OSH and they said to drop by Yakima on my way home for fixes. I arrived in the late afternoon and CC arranged for lodging with the idea the fixes could be done the next day. Problems included high oil temps (red line and above) when flying in hot weather, engine oil leaks and the skylight came unbonded along the top of both wings creating a noticable gap. Stan had already fabricated a lower cowling lip in anticipation of my arrival. The cowling lip was expertly and skillfully installed to create a low pressure area to help induce better airflow through the cowling consequently lowering oil temps. This seemed to work as on my flight home from YKM my oil temps were 10-15 degrees cooler. The engine oil leaks were traced and corrected. The skylight was removed and reinstalled with some minor changes to help prevent that problem from recurring. This work was indeed accomplished in one day and I flew home that evening. I can't say enough about CC service, quality of work and hospitality. All in all my SportCub performed as good as anyone could expect for the type of aircraft it is. Any questions about my adventure, let me know.

Dick Epplett
CC11-100 #00032
541-521-8400
Eugene, OR

Latest posts

Back