• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

casteringt tail wheel for 65hp L4 Cub

animalsdelight

Reaction score
wante a castering tail wheel for a 65 hp L4 piper cub in Devon England United kindom

RolsCub

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an early non castering Scott Tailwheel that I am replacing with a full castering Tailwheel. I am considering the new Lang D-501A Tailwheel that Aircraft Spruce has for sale at $ 549.00. Has anyone had experience with this particular Tailwheel?

Rollie

C

Carey Gray

I've used Langs on two different airplanes. Best tailwheels I've ever used.

Jackson

Reaction score
I have a Lang D-501 that needs to be overhauled to be airworthy, for 100.00 plus shipping
Jackson

RolsCub

Reaction score
Jackson,

I see you are on line. Check your e-mail I sent you a message regarding your Tailwheel.

Rollie

RolsCub

Reaction score
Jackson,

Good news! I sent your photos to Jon at ACS the mfg of the Lang tailwheel
(http://www.acsproductsaz.com/p_m_lang.htm). John agrees your photos seem to be of an early Lang 501-D. John state that Lang has used Cadmium Plating for the last ten years as a finish. Prior to ten years ago Lang used a silver painted finish. John even went as far as to suggest the parts to replace. I will send along a check.

Gratefully,

Rollie

Latest posts