• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

C85-8 Stroker motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubrath

Reaction score
Here is an update on the stroker that I have for sale. I will be in Oshkosh so I could deliver it there which would save someone a couple hundred in shipping.

I had a J-3 that I was building this engine for. I sold the J-3 so now I have no need for the engine. I have over 12.5k invested in this engine. It requires another 5k in parts to finish. I won't take less than 10K for it.

I paid $3000 for the certified engine core. First run engine, 2000TTSN. Logbooks from new.

Done:

Case and accessory case overhauled and yellow tagged from divco. -$1600
New Continental crankshaft from factory and stroker STC from Aircraft Specialties -$4000
NOS camshaft (one of the last new ones)-$1200
Slick mags and harness with less than 25 hours since new -$2300 new
Eight new tappets/lifters from Aircraft Specialties- $650
New cam and crank gears $250
All New rod and main bearings and complete gasket/seal set from Aircraft Specialties $500
Yellow tagged rocker arms from Aircraft Specialties-$250
Yellow tagged rods from Aircraft Specialties-$400
$400 of misc hardware
All parts cleaned and blasted, painted to factory original color

Engine needs:

Cylinders/pistons New. $3200 Aircraft Specialties
Oil pump gears and cover. $400 Fresno
Rod bolts and nuts $150 Fresno or Aircraft Specialties
Push rods. $200 Fresno.
Carb overhaul. $150 to $650 depending on who you want to do it.
I'm guessing $250-400 in misc hardware from Fresno, I have a list made.

You won't be disappointed with the quality of this engine.

Thanks

Michael

photo 2.jpg

photo 5.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

Latest posts

Back