• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

C85-12 prop hub won’t come off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybolt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I torqued the hub nut ccw with a 5/8 bolt and it “broke” free and is finger loose for an 1/8 turn or so. But When I insert the Circlip spacer tool I fabricated I can turn it no more than 3/4 turn before my cheater bar starts bending. I am unclear whether I should get a stronger cheater bar. Online instructions say I should be able to get 2 to 2 1/2 turns before it pops free. Ok, but it’s not clear if that 2 1/2 turns requires massive torque or not. I squirted kroil in all afternoon and still can’t get past 3/4 turn. I am guessing I am putting 100 to 150 foot pounds in. Since I am not sure if this is normal to run into this wall of resistance I am wary of applying more torque. If anyone has done this before I will appreciate some tips. Prop is off so you can see the flange. I had it on to counter the torque.

Attachments

• C3EEF7D4-7D63-46F0-AE75-03C9F0C9AEE8.jpeg
    C3EEF7D4-7D63-46F0-AE75-03C9F0C9AEE8.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back