• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

C65 and Mcauly Prop for sale

PurdyCub

Reaction score
For Sale:

I have a C65 just removed from my J3 running fine however I would consider it run out. I have removed the mags, sump and carb to be overhauled and used on my new C85-12F. The prop is a Mccauley 1B90, CM7445.

Pat Stewart
334-796-8785

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pat, I think you may have meant an A-65. Continental never made a C-65.

Have you considered keeping your CM7445 and clipping it to 71 inches diameter to make it legal on your 85 ? Could keep you from having to buy another propeller. It ought to be a pretty good match for the 85 if repitched to about 42 or 43 inches.
JimC

PurdyCub

Reaction score
Jim,

Yes I did consider clipping and re-pitching however at the end of the day I have spent a lot of money restoring the cub to better than new and installing a 0SMOH C85. The only thing left that was not new was the prop. Hopefully between the cost of clipping and re-pitching and the value of the McCauly prop I will come out close to the cost of the new prop I have on order.

Pat

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, makes sense to me. On the other hand, I overhauled and clipped my 7443 to 71, and repitched to 42 to make it legal on my 337'd O-200. Looks brand new, and cost about $350, which was a lot less than the difference I could expect between an e-bay sale and a new purchase.
JimC

B

boardmant

Pat what are you asking for the prop? IM me if you like thanks Tom

PurdyCub

Reaction score
Tom,

Just checking to see if yu got my message on the prop>

Pat

Yogi

Reaction score

I have a C65 just removed from my J3 running fine however I would consider it run out.

Pat, I may be interested in your A65. Will you please email, or PM me with details and asking price? Thank you. Cheers! Yogi.

Latest posts