• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Bray-Otis films

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOP

In Remembrance 2023
Reaction score
Hi All,

I contacted Clyde about the aircraft used in the 1943 films that show how to maintain and fly and all that stuff that we all have or should have. I was particularly interested in the yellow L-4 with the lightning bolt. Here's what I got back from him:

"Paul, NC42047 was the prototype L-4, made from a J-3. I think it might be at the AAF Museum now, but I'm not sure. If you saw an HE-1, that would have been a Navy ambulance (J-5 civilian). The Navy J-3 was an NE-1. NC40837 was a J3L-65, built 9/5/41. Regards.....Clyde"

So Dan, if you really wanted to turn some heads, you could paint your L-4 like that one.

Latest posts

Back