• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Basket case Cub for sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC58374

Flying is a miracle.
Reaction score
I am in the process of building up a basket case to sell. I currently have four J3 fuselages in various states of needing repair, a pair of metal spar wings that need complete restoration, lots of extra ribs, doors, elevators, horizontal stabilizers, wheels, brakes, main fuel tank, and lots of other random parts to go with the project. The data plate is for a 1940 J3C65 that was originally a J3F60. It started life in Portland Oregon at the Portland Airport and Swan Island airport before going to Madras, Oregon and on to Montana.

It will need a conformity inspection and re-registration as it was de-registered and reported destroyed in the late 1970's. I don't currently have an engine to go with the project but I could find one if need be.

I have wood spars that you could use as a pattern to build wood spars if you chose to build those instead of metal spars. This plane originally had a tail skid but had a tail wheel installed in 1942 or 1943. I don't know how practical a skid would be in this day and age.

This plane was also outfitted with skis in the past.

You could take your pick from the fuselages I have and build from there. It is located in Corning, Ca at the airport.

I will post pictures in the near future and feel free to message me if you are interested in this project. Sorry that I don't have pictures at time of posting but I am just trying to get the word out. All reasonable offers considered.

Latest posts

Back