• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

baggage compartment installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
I've got a wag-aero baggage compartment to install in my new fuselage. Acording to Magnus, I must sew dacron around the top of the canvas to be the material that glues to the airframe. In other words, the canvas doesn't glue to the frame. However, on my W baggage compartment, there is about a two inch canvas flap addition to the top of the main canvas. I don't know if in some installs the canvas flap IS used to glue to the frame. If I knew what the approximate finished depth of the baggage compartment is supposed to be from the supporting U channels, that would help me decide how to handle the extra little two inch flap above what appears to be the main baggage compartment. My inclination is to cut off the two in flap that surrounds the top of the main baggage compartment, and then sew on the dacron. Other wise, might the baggage compartment be too deep?? Any measurements or thoughts would be appreciated. I'll also call W-A tomorrow and see what they have to say. Also assume that I should sew pre-shrunk dacron to the top of the baggage compartment. I may even be able to use the 2 inch dacron finish tape??

A bunch of question are in the above chat. Let me know about other's experience.

Latest posts

Back