• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

back to my roots today flying a J3 cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couleeone

Reaction score
Went back to my roots today flying a J3 cub around Yakima. I love flying my sport cub and had not flown a J3 for 5 months but I tell ya there is just something special about flying a J3! This Brian Thompson's J3 (of www.exploreaviationllc.com/ (sport cub trainer) ), he has owned it since he was 17, nearly 40 years! As far as I know, only two people in the state of WA offer dual in a J3, Brian is one and George Kirkish is the other. (www.island-air.com/)

Pictures of the Yakima river picture framed by the Union Gap, others are around the Toppenish area.

It was an absolutely exhilarating and as good as it gets time this morning. I landed besides the Yakima airport on grass and a uphill dirt strip. Hawks and Pelicans looking me in the eye off my wind tip!

It just doesn't get any better than this!

Geo

Brian & Geo in back seat.JPG

yakima river framed by Union Gap.JPG

Yakima farming country.JPG

over the nose.JPG

Brian & Geo in back seat.JPG

yakima river framed by Union Gap.JPG

Yakima farming country.JPG

over the nose.JPG

Latest posts

Back