• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Anyone know this Cub on Ebay?

A DOPO

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pipe...QptZMotors_Aircraft?hash=item20ae59b2bc#v4-36

This is my first thread, and I have always loved the Cub, have no pilots license but I think it is time to learn. Why not a Cub as my first plane? This one looks awesome to me. What do you think? My girlfriend is getting her license, and she flys out of Clemson/Occonee and Anderson. I've seen one there, as well as the locally built Highlander and I like the idea that you can fly out of most anywhere.

1-What's the market like right now? This was listed at buy it now at 41,900 but that's gone now so I guess it met reserve.
2-Are modified ones like this less or more valuable? How important is orginality?
3-Anyone know this plane? Secound time on ebay. I thought these LSAs were selling fast and for more?

WWhunter

Reaction score
The market is VERY soft right now. My opinion on the LSA market is that most of the guys that wanted one when it was first instituted have already purchased an airplane. There will always be tire kickers out there. Besides the bad economy has a lot of guys scared to buy, thinking they will lose too much on a purchase whereas a few years ago a guy could buy a plane, fly it for several years and pretty much sell it for what he paid or more. This isn't the case right now even though many guys are still trying to get top dollar.
I think I IM'd this guy the last time he had it listed. You may want to check on the empty weight-useful load. I am not sure if it was this particular plane or another I had looked at but the useful was very low.....one FAA legal pilot and a few gallons of fuel.
As for value of a modified plane....it really doesn't mater. Some guys want originality and some want all the mods. Kind of a tit for tat deal.
Another thing....I would NOT bid on a plane on Ebay unless I looked at the plane or had a reliable source look for me. I could tell you a couple of stories about excellent condition/running planes that were NOT as advertised. One engine, an O-320 listed as such even had a cylinder blown off and the guy was addement that it was in running condition. Buyer beware as far as I am concerned pertaining to any Ebay purchase.
WW

bluiewest1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like WW said I would be leary of stuff on eBay. There are a number of Cubs on Barnstormers and Trade-A-Plane that sound as nice and are cheaper to boot. Don't get in a hurry and buy something to fly, not to work on...

Good Luck

farm-tim

Reaction score
I have sold a LOT of aircraft on E-bay and done very well, but I agree that most aircraft on there have something a little "off" about them. I have never bought one with flea-bay e-bay.
Tim

farm-tim

Reaction score
I think e-bay is the modern version of a flea-market, so I call it flea-bay.
;D ;D
I ran a PIAD ADD on Barnstormers that said I was going to E-bay an aircraft on a certain date and The Baronass cancelled my add because I mentioned the competition in my add.
Not very cool, or confident.
At my grain elevator I post my competitions prices and discounts so my customers are fully informed.
Ill stop here before I get the tread sent to R&R's
Tim

jimmy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I ain't buyin no airplane with flames on it.

A DOPO

Reaction score
Guys, I apprecaite your replies to my post. Maybe you are right, I was not to excited about the flames. Look like he put a lot of money into it however and the 100hp sounded good.