• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Anyone going to alaska? 46 cub Anchorage Craigslist $17000

spankyscub

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Piper J-3 Cub - $17000 (Fairbanks)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-03-23, 5:17AM AKDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1946 Piper J-3C Cub. 1800 TTAF, 1400 SMOH on C85-12F. 12-gallon wing tank plus stock 12-gallon header tank. Goodyear 24x11x4 tires, Scott 3200 tail wheel assembly. Metal spars, stock struts. Original logs from factory test flight 16 January 1946. Engine pickled and wings presently removed for inside storage. Fabric old but serviceable. Upper and lower engine cowl disassembled for pattern to make new. This is a complete, no damage, J-3 that requires either some re-juvenation to the Butyrate finish to be serviceable or a complete fabric re-cover to make it a show plane. 845 626-8212

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/1657145809.html

No connection or personal interest, just thought I'd share.

Original 1

Reaction score
This is a complete, no damage, J-3 that requires either some re-juvenation to the Butyrate finish to be serviceable or a complete fabric re-cover to make it a show plane.

Possible, but doubtful that the only requirement would be new fabric in order to produce a "show plane". GUP

cubdriver2

Reaction score
A little putty, a little paint, makes a show plane what it ain't

Glenn

D18GE

Reaction score
Based upon a thread that went around here a few months back, if it has paperwork documenting and approving the C85-12F it could be valuable ;)

jimmy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'd take my trailer and go get it if it was in Alabama, or South Carolina, even Tennessee, but Alaska.....

alaskadrifter

Reaction score
I was looking at this one, and wondering what else would need to be done. I don't care if it's a show plane or not, just sound airframe and motor. Would 14k be a reasonable offer? I'd have to talk my wife into it...

hames57

Reaction score
This airplane has an eerie resemblance to NC55100 when I got it. It is shocking what can lurk beneath that fabric. I have a nephew who lives in Alaska. His neighbor has a PA18. The neighbor doesn't think of his PA18 any different than an old truck. Maintenance and licensed mechanics are a nuisance. So, he has a shop that will sign the plane off at annual for a special "fee."

Yes, if this airplane were a few hundred miles away, it would be worth the chance, but Alaska is a long long way away to find out that you really only have donor parts and need a major. If someone was serious about buying it, they should pop for a couple airplane tickets for themselves and a cub knowledgeable person...if you are not... and take a look. So, add 1500 bucks to the purchase price for that initial inspection, a couple thousand for the trip up and back with a truck and trailer, and then see if the money makes any sense...probably not. Of course if you wanted to see Alaska anyway....