• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Antique Aircraft Assn of TX fly-in next weeked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flynlow

Reaction score
OK guys, I could make a LONG post about what a GREAT time I had at the bi-plane fly in (and probably will) because it was one of those rare "perfect" cub days (all day). Flying up to Bartlesville it was so cool and smooth that I literally was able to trim up and fly hands off the stick. Flew 500' AGL and saw some great scenery and landed with a flock of other planes. Including SteveE in his cub right behind me on the grass. I stayed all day (arrived at 9am and left at 4pm). Enjoyed some great planes, good forums, and watched some great flying. Flight back was pretty awesome as well, not as smooth but found a great river to fly 50' AGL and had some fun with swimmers in the river. All in all the perfect aviators day.
So, who wants to do it next weekend? Cant promise the fantastic weather, but it could be as much fun...maybe even more if we can fly together. The flyin is Gainsville, it'll be a long flight for me, but hey I didnt mind putting 3 hrs on the cub yesterday, I can do longer. I dont have the website handy but you can google it. I'll be watching the weather, and may have my support crew driving if you have family or significant others that would like to carpool or caravan. If the weather isnt cub friendly, I may even drive with them.
I'll be watching the weather and we should stay in touch.

Latest posts

Back