• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Alternator vs. Wind Generator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edpoma

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, I am switching from a C85-8 to an O-200. From wood to metal prop. Unfortunately, here in El Salvador, the airport I'm based at (MSSS) is under the Class B airspace of our large international airport (MSLP). Therefore, I am required to have a transponder. Till now I have had a waiver, but the AAC (our FAA equivalent) has told that my last waiver was the last one, and that it would not be renewed. So, I need to go electric.

Since I am switching to the O-200, I could just keep the alternator, or, I could install a Gennipod wind generator, that I already have. I could also just install a light battery and recharge it before every flight, but that is something I will forget to do. The alternator is an issue only because it's heavier, but would you guys give me your opinion as to what you would do.

Latest posts

Back