• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Air sick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synergy46

Reaction score
I am a student pilot still in the process of getting my knowledge test passed and have just started flight lessons. Here is my situation and question:

The story goes like this:

About a year ago I went up in a friends Cesna 172. He was the PIC and I was the photographer. In the course of many side slips and figure eights I got noticeably nauseous. After we got back on ground, I had to go to bed and rest for about 4 hours. Not a pleasant experience.

OK. Since that time I have gone up twice (in the evenings when it is calm) in a 1946 J3, loved it and had no reaction.

In Yakima, I went up in a Sport Cub in the afternoon and after hitting a lot of 'pockets' I again got feeling ill and had to rest for a couple of hours after landing to get my bearings again.

So, my question to you is "Have you ever had any experience like this?" If so, do you get "used to the affect" and ultimately get over it???? Or is it a 'deal breaker'?

???My concern is that I may continue to expend the effort to get a SPilot licence and buy a plane only to find that my physiology prevents me from flying.

Frank opinions appreciated.

Latest posts

Back