• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

AEROCOM III STEREO INTERCOM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daluds

Reaction score
I swapped out my Sigtronics SPO-22 intercom for an Aerocom III, and static noise keeps clicking in all the time like the squelch is adjusting. Is this normal? Its really annoying.

Today, the intercom stopped working completely while flying one of my son's college friends on his first flight. He got all freaked out so I flew back to the airport for him.

It was powered by a 12v sealed lead acid battery which was just fully charged. I'll have to check the voltage tonight, but after landing I replaced it with my old Sigtronics with the same power source and it worked fine for the flight home.

Not having much luck with the radio setup. I believe the problems I was having in the past with the Sigtronics intercom was bad 9VDC batteries since I measured the voltage the last time I had problems and it was down to 6VDC on a new battery after only on a short time. I had a pack of new batteries in my hanger, but maybe they degraded over time.

I spoke to another Cub pilot at the air field where I am based, and he mentioned having the same problems with Lawrence tower not hearing transmissions unless directly over head. I thought it was my setup all this time. He flies over the airspace, and then radios the tower for clearance to land. I'll have to try this next time.

Dave

Latest posts

Back