• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A65 to C85

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwetzler

Reaction score
Hi All. So after a few months of fighting with my original A&P, and ultimately firing him after a total of 6 months of inactivity, I'm back attempting to tackle upgrading from my A65-8 to a C85-12 I picked up from an Ercoupe project. I have 90% of what I need to complete the project, but I need help with two major things at the moment. First, when I attempted to line up the exhaust with the 85 hung on the mounts, I found that I will indeed, even though I have a -12 not -12F, need to modify the exhaust in some way to get the clearance necessary. I'm wondering if anyone out there has pictures/diagrams of the mod to the muffler shroud to get the clearance needed? Just thought it could be helpful, but any advice/info would be much appreciated either way. Second, I have (as I posted pictures of in an earlier post) the aftermarket oil filter installed on the C85-12, which is the long-arm version. From what I can tell, I would need the short-arm in order to clear the top cowl. Anyone have info on a part number, or where specifically I could pick that up? If anyone is in need of the long arm version I'd happily trade for the piece I need. Any insight is much appreciated, as always. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Back