• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A65 - Appropriate Cruise rpm ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerome1

Reaction score
I would appreciate advices regarding the satisfactory Cruise Rpm for the A65.

So far I have used a cruise rpm of around 2000 to 2150rpm. But after switching to a more modern prop with smaller pitch recently, 2100rpm equal less than half power setting with very low fuel consumption (3.7 Gl/hr) and cruise speed of around 70 mph.

Looking at the A65 user manual they mention "the most satisfactory service will be obtained if the engine is cruised at a speed of 150 to 250rpm below full throttle level flight rpm."
In my case this would be around 2200rpm. Is there any concern in cruising at 2200rpm with an A65 as long as it is around half throttle with low engine oil temp (140°F) ?
I understand the A75 can run at much higher speed (up to 2700rpm ?) but not sure what are the main differences.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back