• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A couple of new questions on my J3 resto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
Any advice on how to handle the installation of the two shackles to the rear rudder pedals? I have brand new cables and shackles. My other local cub has them connected by spreading the rearward shackle quite wide so it's width will accommodate both the rudder pedal tab, and one sde of the second forward shackle. It looks kind of sloppy to do it that way. It seems to me that it would be more in keeping with the design of the shakles to put one shackle over the rudder pedal tab, and mount the other one completly outboard of the tab. There would be risk of "closing" the outboard shackle if it was mounted that way, but it would seem to me that it would be no worse that spreading the the other shackle so wide. The final installation would look better and function better I think.

I'll look forward to some advice on this issue.

Latest posts

Back