• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

'41 J5 for sale on eBay

J

Josh

Is it supposed to be the oval one?

Did all early Piper models have the Oval data plate?

What year did they go to square?

behindpropellers

Reaction score
Dataplate has the engine that came on it when it left the factory. Should have been an A75-8 or -9.

Tim

Yogi

Reaction score
I believe, for J3s anyway, the data plates went rectangular for the '41 models. Clyde Smith, or longwinglover, or other more knowledgeable contributors on this site can verify, or correct me and would know this for sure. Also, I believe, as with my '41 J3, the data plate should carry the original engine configuration as already mentioned above. Mine reads J3F-65, even though it was long, long ago converted to a Continental A-65 and now appears as a stock J3C-65.

Latest posts