• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

'40 J3C project on eBay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3cub

Former Owner and Admin
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1940...018QQitemZ280171199626QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

1940 Piper J3C-65 Cub NC33116 was flying up into May of this year. The owner at the time had an unfortunate accident that did relatively light but considerable damage to the aircraft. I have since purchased NC33116 and we have her taken apart for repair, rebuild, and restoration. However, I am now selling this aircraft project due to a change of priorities in my life. The obvious damage to the fuselage structure itself has been repaired, and the fuselage still needs to be inspected and refinished. The wings need rebuilding, as the wooden spars were busted at the wing roots. I believe that the spars could be shortened and reused as per the Reed clipped-wing conversion STC, but I am not sure of this. A full-span repair would definitely need new wooden spars. The wing struts will need repair(if possible) or replacement. The engine suffered a prop strike with a wooden prop, and while the engine will need to be inspected for prop-strike damage, I suspect it will be fine because the wooden prop took most of that punishment. The oil sump, carb box, and other items were damaged, but used replacements for these, as well as many other replacement parts are included in this auction. The aircraft is pretty much complete except for a propeller, with many other good serviceable parts not shown in the pictures: seats, brakes, controls, etc. just to name a few. Some parts may need refurbishment or replacement at the discretion of the new owner. A few minor parts may be missing, but I think it is mostly all there except for a propeller. I have the the complete paperwork for this aircraft and the logbooks going back to the first test flight at the Piper factory Lock Haven, PA in 1940! The entire aircraft needs recovering and refinishing. This item is being sold as-is, and no warranties whatsoever are being implied or expressed in the description of the item(s) for sale in this auction. Please e-mail me with any questions you may have. No shipping is offered for this auction; you'll need to bring your truck and trailer to Macon, Georgia to pick this up. An appointment for pickup will need to be made with me as the aircraft is stored in a secured location at local airport.

NOTE: Please ignore the "item specifics" that say "decal on fabric". I used another auction as a template and it won't let me delete that for some reason.

This aircraft can be viewed in person by appointment only prior to the end of this auction.

Payment is by certified cashier's check from your bank via mail. Pickup can be arranged after funds have cleared into my bank account.

The aircraft needs to be completely removed from it's present location by the winning bidder prior to November 30, 2007.

U.S. domestic bidders only.

This item is being sold as-is, and no warranties whatsoever are being implied or expressed in the description of the item(s) for sale in this auction.

Latest posts

Back