• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

26 year old needs advice on cub and land purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickTx

Reaction score
Alright everyone, I never formally introduced myself yet, but I've been posting a few topics lately. I wanted to finally ask for advice in this awesome forum.

I am 26 years old and have always dreamed of having my own Cub and landing strip out in the country. I volunteer at a local museum and they have 2 cubs and a super cub. I get rides sometimes, but for some reason, I it's hard to get rides in Cubs...i'm always having to bum rides in T-6s, Japanese replicas, Stinsons, R-22 helicopters, Aeroncas, etc...but never enough time in a CUb!! *cries*

To me, nothing beats a cub...or even a super cub. I've been saving up like h*ll for the past year with my meager income for these two goals: My own cub and some country land.

I see in Trade-a-Plane that there are usually cubs going for like 30-40k? Is that a good deal? I currently have about 30k saved up. I was thinking of waiting until I have 50k saved up and then paying off in cash one of these (cub or land, if I can get something cheap) and then financing the other. My question:

1.) It would be nice to get a Legend/CC cub, but that will be out of my budget. So, should I go for buying land first or a used cub? What is a riskier investment? Land?

Man I've been obsessing over this thought for a while and I need some help! Thanks for any advice guys...

Latest posts

Back