• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

2016 Cactus Fly-in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyer23d

Reaction score
Went yesterday in the 195. A very nice day, 310nm each way. They parked a pretty Stinson V-77 next to me.

Busy day, lots of international students training. I got called a "Cub" by the guy behind me on final. :D

Lot's of Shortwings there, but don't remember any J-3s.

There were some antique autos and an antique fuel truck with a Lockheed Vega hood ornament. Very nice.

Super fast ride back, I think the 195 really wanted to get home. The GPS groundspeed kept climbing and climbing, 145-150-155kts at 11,500 and "only" 11.7gph of autogas. Saw 175kts for the last 7-8 minutes while descending to land...

two.jpg

ornament.jpg

vega ornament.jpg

ghost ship.jpg

Cactus trip.jpg

mt baldy.jpg

mt baldy2.jpg

Latest posts

Back