• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

2 Sets of Expander Tube Brakes + Extra's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montanafos

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Package has SOLD...thanks. My Cub is very much in project mode (and will be for some time) and will end up with Grove's on it down the road. Listing the brakes that came off of it (yellow shield set - worked just fine and all I ever flew with) plus an extra set I purchased when they were removed from a flying PA18 as the guy was upgrading to Cleveland's and huge ABW tundra tires. The link here is an album of 37 pictures of everything. You'll notice extra brake blocks, extra expander tube shields and a pair of extra frames for instance. More fasteners and springs there as well. I picked up the second set 6 months or so ago as I figured spare parts are always good as I wouldn't consider new from Univair at current costs. I'm thinking $400 shipped in the CONUS is about right / fair on the package as pictured. I'm looking to sell as a package versus splitting it up. Would make for a good parts depot for someone running original's or someone looking to restore as original. The album of pics is from tear down to clean up and reassembly. I'm not an A&P by any means, but cleaned them up a bit this summer for a little project and put them back together yesterday.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcV1T2t

Shoot me a PM if interested. The link above is the entire album of photo's...I've attached a couple that represent the lot and the assembled sets. You only see 3 expander tubes in the one photo as one of them is already assembled in the pic.

Thanks...

DSCN5559.jpg

DSCN5596.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back