• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1946 J3 project for sale Maryland.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AOP

In Remembrance 2023
Reaction score
Saw an ad in a local paper about a '46 J3, so I called the guy and it's about 10 minutes away from the house. In pieces, uncovered, Don't have numbers on it, but I looked it over and the fuselage looks to be in good shape. Primed. The old gentleman has had it since the 60s and it has been hangared since then. Bottom tubes have been replaced, Rudder post looks new, all welds look well done, but a lot of them are post factory. It has had some rewelding on the clusters, but not that I would say was major damage. Gear attach points look good, but possibly rewelded. In fact the fuselage looks very good. Has a new gas tank, couple sets of cowls. new boot cowl, has a late L-4 panel, says he has all the instruments. Last flew about 10 years ago. He has the logs, but I didn't get into them. Engine looks basically all there, but after 10 years, I would tear it down. Couldn't get to the wings, but in a dark garage by flashlight, they look like Cub wings.

It is about midway restored and what I saw looks good. I can get pictures if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back