• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

1946 J-3 Cub FOR SALE

X18

Reaction score
I have just posted an ad on Barnstormers for a friend here in Sulphur Springs. Jerry has decided to sell his 1946 J-3.

1946-J-3 Cub-65 HP, TTAF 2485,TSMOH 197, Completely restored in '03. Annual 8/09, Original instruments and Gages, Metal Prop, Metal Spars, New Sealed Struts, Hangared since restoration, Garmin 296, Handheld Nav-Com IC-A22 Transceiver @ Charger. NDH. $35,000.00

Photos are available in the Barnstormers ad. I'm handling all of the initial contacts, email me at jameslewman"at"gmail.com .

jimmy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What is NDH? No Darn Haglers ?

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
No Damage History

Which might mean it was never dinged, gound-looped, flipped over, run into by a snow plow, or otherwise "damaged". At least not in the logs. What is the definition of damage, anyway?

Many repairs have been done on aircraft where there has been no paperwork or entry in the logs, so take it with a grain of salt. I know of a Swift which made a take-off with temp too hot and runway too short for power available, and crash landed on the inclined ground across a slight depression off the end of the runway. Both gear driven up through the wings. Aircraft hidden in a T-hangar until repaired, and then put up for sale. We looked at it - nothing in the logs at all. They didn't know we knew about the accident; they gave the wrong answers, and my friend did not buy the aircraft.
Chuck Shaw

jimmy

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ah. You never know what a horse trader is trying to hide. BB jimmy

Original 1

Reaction score
NDH Important if buying a C-210, Baron, Lear, etc. Doesn't mean much when referring to a 60+ year old J-3 Cub. GUP

WWhunter

Reaction score
I agree with Original1. Most of these small planes have had some sort of damage, reported or not, over the years. My 172 had damage history and it didn't stop me from buying it. I have owne/flown it for 23 years and it hasn't fallen out of the sky yet.
WW

NickTx

Reaction score
I believe this one is a very good Cub. If I didn't buy mine, I would've bought this one.

huston marlowe

Reaction score
I'm a friend of the man that rebuilt it in 2003...excellent work. Has built several airplanes including a very fine L-4. It has remained at that same airport ; and always hangared, and not flown much, by the owner who is a professional pilot. I have not seen it up close for about three years but I bet it is still a fine Cub.

Bunkerhill

Reaction score
That's one you can buy over the phone ;D A 2nd party endorsement from Huston with knowledge of the integrity of the fellow who did the work is pretty strong. If I were looking for a Cub I would look at the pictures ,make a few phone calls ,offer a little less FIRM and send em a 5000.00 deposit to hold it for a few days until I could get there. The ORGINAL 65 is a BIG plus. ;) The only neg I see on that Cub is the metal prop. :( That's an easy swap out That Cub will not be forsale very long, even in this economy ;)

Latest posts