• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1941 J-5 Restoration/Repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralf

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, I may be blowing my own horn, but I would being doing a great disservice to Dan Ward of Wardaero.com if I did not share this. I bought this restored but wrecked 1941 J-5. It had been ground looped and flipped. Prop damage, crank damage, engine mount badly bent, cowl destroyed, boot cowl damaged, left gear damaged, left wing needed 8 ribs and end bow, rudder destroyed.

I talked to Dan Ward in Advance NC and he agreed to drive up and take a look at what I had sitting in my hangar. First I had to retrieve the fuselage and various parts from Ohio. Then the good wing and damaged wing were in Florida. Two road trips latter I still needed a cowl. Barnstormers to the rescue and I found a raw fabricated but never fitted and installed cowl in Ocalla Florida. Another kamikaze road-trip from WV to Florida and back.

Loaded it in a box trailer and delivered it to Dan Ward. Flew it back to WV59 from Advance NC (Twin Lakes Airport) just in time for Sentimental Journey. Left at dawn for the 3.25 hour flight with the stroked 85 to Lock Haven.

WP_20140617_20_41_07_Pro_zps3e7e11ec.jpg

temporary_zpsfb69ff30.jpg

Latest posts

Back