• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1940 Piper J3C-65 Cub Trainer Basket Case for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC58374

Flying is a miracle.
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am selling a J3 project and you can feel free to PM me if you have any questions. This plane is currently deregistered but I have the original data plate, a bill of sale, the CD from the FAA, and the build sheet from Clyde Smith.

The plane is located in Corning, CA should you want to look at it in person.

It was originally delivered to the Portland Airport in Oregon and spent time at the Swan Island airport (gone) in Portland, Or and at the Madras, Or airport. It was originally delivered with a tailskid and had a tailwheel installed a few years later. It spent time in Montana and was fitted with Federal 1500 skis while it was there.

The fuselage is in need of quite a few repairs so I am including another fuselage with the package.

The wings that come with the project are original Piper metal spar wings and are also in pretty rough shape and need new bows, leading edges, and rib repairs. I am including a pile of used ribs to help with the repairs, as well as a pile of compression fittings, wing hardware, and two used front spars and one used rear spar.

There is no engine with the project but I can help find one depending on what you want to put in it. This plane originally came with a Franklin 60 hp engine (I know where to find you one if you want) But it last had a Continental A65-8 in it. (I know where to find these as well). It also had a Continental A65-3 earlier in it's life as well.

I have a pile of tailfeathers (horizontal stabilizers and elevators) that you can pick a set from. I do have a couple of rudders but they are bent and need repairs but you are welcome to them.

I have a pile of upper and lower doors that you can pick a set from as well.

Two wheels, a set of good expander brakes, a trim yoke and jackscrew, Top nose cowl, rudder pedals, stabilizer tube yoke link, tail brace wires, elevator bellcrank and push tube, torque tube, and master cylinder brake pedals.

I also have all of the drawings and manuals in digital form to go along with this.

I am sure that I am forgetting some of the bits and pieces but that is most of it. Message me for contact information if you are interested.

Joshua

DSCF2345.jpg

DSCF2346.jpg

DSCF2347.jpg

DSCF2348.jpg

DSCF2349.jpg

DSCF2350.jpg

DSCF2351.jpg

DSCF2352.jpg

DSCF2353.jpg

Latest posts

Back