• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1940 Piper J3 Cub on eBay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3cub

Former Owner and Admin
Reaction score
I have a 1940 Piper J3 Cub with about 5000TT, The engine is a Continental A65 with 170smoh, it comes with your choice of new wood Sensenich 72/44 prop or a McCauley metal prop(one or the other but not both. The prop pictured on it is not the metal prop that is available).It was last recovered in 1988 with Ceconite 102 process. During the recover the fuslage was replaced with a new post-war(1946 or later new "old stock") fuslage,the wings had already been upgraded back in the 1950's with the metal spar wings which were cleaned, treated, and completly refurbished during the last recover. During the last annual in December of 2007 the engine was upgraded from the old O-145 Lycoming to an A65 Continental,a new cowling was installed,new engine mount,new exhaust,new heat muffs,new tires,new door window,and all new attach hardware from the front seat forward. The fuel tank was replaced,all the following parts were stripped and repainted: windshield trim,door window frame,insturment panel,glare shield,boot cowl,wing struts, cowling,and engine mount. As with any flying cub with 20 year old fabric it has some places that could use some very minor cosmetic TLC but they are very minor. The airplane looks good,flies great,and runs excellent. This is a nice flying cub that you can fly anywhere. The fabric is good,the paint is good,the interior is fair and could use the most TLC(see pics for all the areas in need of TLC). All the AD's are complied,the logsbooks start in 1950 but the 337's and all other paperwork go all the way back to 1940. All upgrades,part changes,and repairs are logged in good detail with all legal paperwork to back them up. This is not a show quality cub but is a nice looking,perfect flying old airplane with no hidden surprises....what you see is what you get. Anyone is welcome and encouraged to come look at the airplane before the auction ends. I live and work on the airport where the airplane is hangered (9I3) so I'm here most of the time. You can send me a message and I will give you my phone number to call.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions before commiting yourself to a bid.I will answer them all honestly in open forum for everyone to see(unless you wish for the question to remain private). If you bid by mistake or change your mind before the auction ends please tell me and I will be glad to help you remove your bid because I do not want any dead beat bidders or mistaken winners who don't really want the airplane. If you are the winning bidder and the reserve is met then you will own the airplane or be responsible for all original listing and re-listing fee's as well as the required deposit,I WILL INFORCE THESE RULES unless you can give a very good excuss for your actions! We would love to keep this airplane but we are out of hanger space and need the extra room for other projects that are ready for final assembly. The Cub has to go. So please bid to win and plan to own it. This Cub will sell for less then any other certified Cubs out there in flying condition that I have seen.

THIS AIRPLANE IS FOR SALE LOACALLY AND I DO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO END THE AUCTION EARLY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pipe...pagenameZRSSQ3aBQ3aSRCHQ3aUSQ3a102#ht_524wt_0

I can ship overseas but the buyer will be responsible for any and all shipping,crating,container, customs,and purchace costs upfront as well as payment in full before the aircraft is disassembled for export.

083e_3.jpg

083e_3.jpg

Latest posts

Back