• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1940 J3F-65 For Sale (Franklin 65HP) (Price Lowered)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATCT

Reaction score
Hey Fellow Cubbers,
It is with great joy and deepest regret that I must put my cub on the market. Ive accepted a transfer in my ATC line of work to Anchorage, AK from Houston, TX. With the cost of living jump that im about to undertake, I am going to have to sell the cub :'(

Here is her stats (roughly as I fly her frequently)

1940 J3F-65, Franklin 4AC-176 65HP, 3300TTAF, 1815TTSNE - Put on in 1946 (569STOH), Mid-80's re-cover (ceconite), new tailwheel (lang), wood prop, wood wings, June 2009 Annual, damage history in 1946 (re-build / new right wing) and in the early 60's (total restoration finished in mid-80's). The fabric has a few slits (patched) and the bathtub area could use a little paint, but overall the fabric is in great shape. The paint is peeling away from the fabric in a few spots but has been stopped by use of dope and silver (See pictures below). Wings were off for transport in May 2008 and airframe / wings checked for corrosion and found none. New Bungees in May 2009. Spare plugs, new skylite glass, and spare tailwheel parts included. Feel free to ask any other questions. I am asking $22,500 and I am accepting offers.
DSC03265.JPG

DSC03304.JPG

Prior to silver'ing the fabric (taken the winter prior to my purchasing the cub back at home in Finleyville, PA....ski's not included but mounts are still attached for ski wires)
normal_J_Cannon_005.jpg

Pictures below from a photographer at the Reklaw Fly-in, October 2008.
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage.aspx?e=4241866&g=CJ&s=25

Clint
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back