• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

1940 j3 project forsale on ebay!

j3cub

Former Owner and Admin
Reaction score
Do you have a link? ???

joshualober

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find it... got a link?

kevoxl

Reaction score
:-[Why do we announce these things to everone? Now we are bidding against each other and the price goes to the ceiling. The bid is already too high!!!!!!!!!!! ??? ???

Papa Bear

Reaction score
According to the ad that is posted the reserve price is not even meet yet. Simply put, CUB projects are going at a premium price. But what I want to know, is this one a pile of junk or, a true find that will be a great start towards a trophy winner!! Thanks, Papa Bear

longwinglover

Reaction score
Any project is a potential trophy winner...all it takes is money! :eek:

Assume that one would spend between $25K and $35K (excluding labor) to rebuild to show condition. It's hard to tell the real condition of ANYTHING from these pictures. The engine in the pictures a) shows extensive corrosion and b) does not go on a J3 (note the baffeling).

Good luck to the winner. I hope they don't end up "up-side down" in the project. Of course if the price of J3's keeps going up... ;D

Of course as a J3L the gross weight is only 1170...

John Scott

kevoxl

Reaction score
It doesn't matter about condition, ten years from now what will it be worth? It will bee better return than my IRA or 401k, now every J3 nut in the world knows about it. :-[ :-[ :-[

Skylane

Reaction score
It doesn't matter about condition, ten years from now what will it be worth? It will bee better return than my IRA or 401k, now every J3 nut in the world knows about it. :-[ :-[ :-[
:eek: :eek: :eek: Yep a good investment for sure. What did it go for? Anyone know?

See ya, Bub

Latest posts