• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1936 Taylor J2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 16317

Reaction score
I have a 1936 Taylor J2 basket case with a data plate, current registration, C of A project for sale. No logs. I was going to restore this aircraft but decided I have too many irons in the fire to do so. The project consists of the following:
1. Sraight fuselage that needs birdcage repair and new turtle deck and other small detailed work.
2. Uncovered assembled wings. Both wings 80% ready for cover. 90% ribs have been repaired. New spars. Drag wires will need to be replaced due to humidity causing corrosion.
3. Fuel tank
4. Instrument panel c-channel
5. Quantity of 2 brass trim worm gear blocks.
6. Boot cowl(pattern only)
7. NOS tail horizonals
8. All tail feathers in good shape.
9. Rear seat back
I'm sure I am missing a few things but the fueselage, tail and wings are the main components. A lot of parts may be repairable or used as patterns. I've sold all engines and instruments to men needing the parts more than me for thier restorations. This project is not for the faint hearted. Dedication will be needed to finish. I will not separated this aircraft. Buyer takes all for $4500.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back