• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

12 Gallon left wing tank for sale (SOLD)

NC1776

Reaction score
I have a new 12 Gallon Classic Aircraft Services Inc. wing tank. (the old Clarence Witt tank, Air Energy) with all the STC paperwork. STC SA1496GL. I bought 2 when they went back into production and used 1. Went in perfect. Metal or wood spar wings. I have lost the 4 little brackets but still looking for them in my jungle of parts. He had shipped them without them and said he was going to send them but not sure if he ever did or not. Easy to make anyway. This is a great tank that is heavy duty and reliable. I am not sure who actually owns the STC now but heard someone is producing them again. 450.00 plus shipping. No shipping outside USA.
Thanks
Dave

pacerman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before I start checking the shortwing sites, do you know if the STC also applies to the installation of your tank in a PA-17 Vagabond? Joe

NC1776

Reaction score
Sorry but when he did the STC he only did it for the Piper J3 Cub under TC A691 real bummer as it would not have taken that much to all vertually all the Piper rag wings to it. I had a STC on my 8 Gallon tanks I had every one of them listed once the engineering data was in. Real shame as he built a very nice tank.
Dave

NC1776

Reaction score
Anyone care to make an offer on the left Wing Tank. Come on guys I am now 60 my wife is pregnant with our 13th child and I have 6 in college and my refer is out of beer, My cable has been cut off so I have to watch 20 year old VHS tapes on a 20 year old VHS machine that only plays one channel so I get 1/2 the picture and I cannot afford to buy a remote control for it. I have been to soup kitchen twice this week already just to scrounge some tid bits for the crum snatchers, So come on there has to be somene out there to help an old cripple out and buy this thing so I will have room for the crib on the new arrivel. In fact while you are thinking about it how about someone buying all the about 1000 or more of old Cub parts that are clogging up my basement. I think a few who have visited will agree to the vastness of Cub parts that if I die my wife is going to kill me for leaving them all to her to deal with. Have mercy on an old man.

Dave Henderson

Papa Bear

Reaction score
Dave, What in the World did you put in your Coffee this morning?? I know what you will say ...." nothing".... But I need to reload with the Stuff from the Fruit Jar!!! Thanks for the funny!!! Papa Bear

NC1776

Reaction score
SOLD Thanks Guys. Now I can make this months Alimony payment
Dave

Latest posts