• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

1040 J5 for sale

glennj3

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, there is a 1040 J5 on ebay, closes out in about one day.

behindpropellers

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, there is a 1040 J5 on ebay, closes out in about one day.
I feel bad for the guy that buys that and has to spend 3000 hours to get it back to new condition.

J5man

Reaction score
Yes, I'd figure a complete rebuild. Maybe not 3000 unless you don't bite the bullet and try to "fix" it instead...... :-\

Jack

deedus

Reaction score
I saw it also. Looks like a complete project and therefore someone will be way ahead of the game. Let's hope someone does buy it and returns another one on these great cubs to flying condition as there are so few flying J5's out there.

behindpropellers

Reaction score
Yes, I'd figure a complete rebuild. Maybe not 3000 unless you don't bite the bullet and try to "fix" it instead...... :-\

Jack
Talk to any person that has correctly rebuilt a PA-12, PA-14, or J-5.

hames57

Reaction score
This airplane looks the same as my J3 did when I bought it except for the places the mechanic cut holes in the fabric to show that the danged thing was a flying accident. I even had the rust drips down the fuselage sides, just like the J5 on e-bay. Brings back some bad memories. Now, a new fuselage, and 30 grand later with more work to do and the wings yet to be looked at, I'm getting a pretty nice J3 together.

behindpropellers

Reaction score
Wow. It went up to $14K. Obviously the seller is greedy for not selling it at that price.

Tim

deedus

Reaction score
Tim, Did you look closely at the data plate. Someone should have done a little more homework before stamping that one out.